Are you selling your home this summer? It can seem like an overwhelming task. It’s true. Potential homebuyers will be more critical of your home. Most people don’t clean their entire house every week, but that doesn’t mean they won’t expect yours to be spic and span. So what’s the best way to get ready? Start with a list!
Sellers To-Do List
- Throw away any trash or toys left in the yard.
- Mow the yard and cut back bushes so windows are not blocked.
- Add final touches such as small porch plants and welcome mat.
- Declutter and minimize. Make the space look bigger by removing a few pieces of furniture. Tuck away the knick knacks on the bookshelves and tables.
- Floors are hard to miss. Mop the hardwood floors and make sure carpet is vacuumed and spots removed.
- Natural lighting is the best lighting. Open windows or pull back curtains to make potential homebuyers feel invited and welcomed.
- Put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher!
- Wipe down counters.
- Try a lemon or citrus-scented home fragrance for a nice and clean smell.
- Stow away your items and clothing.
- Add a few throw pillows.
- Be sure the bed is made!
- Make sure bulbs are replaced.
- Take your dog or cat with you!
- Keep the A/C on at a cool temperature.
- Pressure wash dirty siding.
- Try a fresh fragrance in each room but nothing too strong.