Are you buying a house this upcoming year? If this is your first house, chances are you are feeling a little overwhelmed. There are so many things to consider and think about! We are here to guide you through the process.
Start with these 10 Questions to Ask When Buying A House.
- Can you send the seller’s disclosure? It may have been love at first sight but be aware of the flaws too! You don’t want to pay for issues after the sale.
- What are the zoning guidelines? If you are considering a large remodel, this is important!
- What inspections are available? Avoid spending thousands of dollars on correcting issues by scheduling inspections. You want to know the place inside and out before taking it on as your own!
- Why is this house on the market? A simple question with one important answer.
- Have tests been done to check for radon? Don’t forget about testing for harmful materials!
- Are smoke detectors installed? What about other security systems? Make sure they’re in the proper location. Alarm systems and other new technology can really add value too!
- Has a mold inspection been done? Mold is common in damp areas! Make sure you have the place scoped out.
- What is the crime rate for this neighborhood? The saying ‘be aware of your surroundings’ is even more important at home.
- What about the noise level? This isn’t Music City, but it’s a collage town!
- Is this a kid-friendly or dog-friendly neighborhood? Looking for family-friendly block parties for the kids or lack of?
How can we help you during the buying process? Call us today!